Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New Decorating Project in the Works!


This is what my kids have done to my parlor!  This is actually their picked up for company version.  My husband and I decided no more computers upstairs so they have camped out in my never quite finished parlor.  It is truly a shame because they both have desks upstairs, but too much Facebook and Netflix and not enough studying was going on.

To make room for them, we moved a leaf green chaise into our master.  If you go to my first post you will see that this does not really go with my color scheme, but I will work it out.  There was also a huge highboy in the parlor that never really fit.  I didn't know where to put it when the movers were here and I loved the linen storage it provided.  We moved it up to the guest room - quite the operation - and it looks great.  The secretary that was in the guest room is now in the hall and it looks a little homier up there now.  So far a win- kind of win.

And this is the parlor now.  A blank slate for what I hope will become a comfortable and motivating place for my children to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment