Monday, January 30, 2012

You have to Love Free!

Our public library had an overflowing free cart the other day.  Anything the Friends of the Library feels is out of date or not high enough quality for their sale they put by the door and give it away.  I just liked the look of this old dictionary and thought it would look great on a shelf.  Who can resist Brain Games - especially when they promise to lower my brain age!  (The book has never been used but the back cover is ripped.)  And best of all is Recipes From Reba.  I opened it up to Garlic Croutons and thought, "This is going home with me!"

There were a lot of great Christmas decorations on my favorite blogs that use pages from old books.  Check with your local library and see what they do with donations to their book sales that are not up to their standards.  You might snag some free supplies for those awesome paper trees, wreathes and ornaments!

No comments:

Post a Comment