Thursday, January 26, 2012

Meat and Cheese Waffles - A Family Favorite!


Instant Dinner!

Meat and Cheese Waffle, Apple Butter, Cantaloupe, and Strawberries
These are a family favorite and perfect when comfort food is a must.  All you do is add shredded sharp cheddar cheese and ... secret ingredient ...
Armor Dried Beef to your waffle batter. 

I use Reduced Fat Bisquick as my waffle batter base.  Once the waffle batter is mixed, I add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.  Then I add 1/2 of a jar of dried beef if it is the size pictured or a full jar of their smaller size.  Before adding the dried beef you must rinse it then pat it dry.  I cut it into fourths, stack them and then cut into small strips.  It is salty even after rinsing so smaller strips are better.   I usually serve meat and cheese waffles with scrambled eggs and apple butter instead of syrup.  If we are feeling pretty decadent we will have Stouffer's Harvest Apples on top of the waffles.  (If you like sweet and salty, maple syrup is incredible on these waffles if you don't mind the sugar.)  Fresh fruit makes a nice side. 

ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment