Friday, June 3, 2011

I Confess ... I Went Back!

Honey checking out today's purchases.
(I don't know why my cats are so curious about fabric!)

I went back to Fabric World today.  Anyone out there with a fabric "issue" understands perfectly!  My daughter joined me and together we found 4 bolts of clothing fabric - now only $3 per bolt - and 4 drapery/upholstery bolts - still $5 each.  Trim is now only $5 per bolt and I somehow limited myself to 5.  They are all amazing!  The pile is my daughter's - in addition to the bolts my cat is sitting on.  They are remnants that were $1 each.  Some are only about 1/2 yard and some are over 2.  She stayed right in the $20 budget I gave her.  I hope to have her sewing by the end of the summer.  She certainly has enough fabric!



My favorite of all the bolts are the 4 I bought today!

These two look and feel like kitchen towels. It is perfect fabric for an emroidery project or aprons or both! (If I repeat that it was $5 per bolt would that be bragging?)

The fabric below is a very soft chenille and a grey denim (it looks blue but it is a beautiful grey) for our upstairs landing. The trim looks like burlap but is very soft. We have built in benches that have stayed bare since we moved in.  I might have these cushions made. It would be a lot faster and I think the final product would be more professional looking. Foam is so expensive to buy retail that often having upholstered items made is not that much more expensive. I will make the throw pillows.  I am thinking combinations of red, hand woven linen that I found at an estate sale, some interesting embroidery, and hopefully, something unexpected!


PS - The frogs in the background are for a friend - not my daughter!  She wouldn't be seen in purple frog fabric but I know 3 (soon to be 4) sisters plus a niece that would look great in it!
















No comments:

Post a Comment