Monday, June 20, 2011

Goodwill Repurposing Challenge!

Next week some friends and I are going to participate in a Goodwill Repurposing Challenge.  We are going together to Goodwill to find an item and turn it into something fabulous.  We will try to do this in one afternoon at my house! 
I promised some friends I would post a picture of a repurposed Goodwill item.  The only problem is that all I did was remake a bigger skirt into a smaller skirt with a pocket.  It was a size 16 Oscar de le Renta 100% silk skirt.  I originally made it for my daughter - hence the pocket for the cell phone and the shorter length, but she didn't really like it.  It sounds like it was easy to do but it was fully lined and had french seams.  Adding the pocket took a lot of time and if you saw it inside out you would not be impressed!
Before



After

I wore it for the first time on Sunday and couldn't help but share that it started as a thrift store skirt every time I received a compliment.  I need to learn to just smile and say thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment