Tuesday, February 14, 2012

First Quilt - I Need to Get Busy Quilting!

Quilt Front
This is my very first quilt!  I had hoped to give it to my nephew on his second birthday.  He turned 3 last week!  He loves anything with wheels or any type of ball he can throw so it is designed with circles (balls) and vehicle fabrics.  I've been struggling with each step because I don't want to ruin it.  I've come to the realization that if I don't hurry, he will outgrow the fabric before I get it to him. 

I took a quilting class at the Quilt Expo this fall and then posted about practicing my free motion quilting.  I've been busy with costumes for the high school, making my daughter's dress, and all kinds of projects that distract me from finishing.  I decided that this will be my next project once I finish my son's sweater throw.  (It is embarrassing to admit I started buying sweaters before I bought this quilt fabric.  First time projects intimidate me!)

Quilt Back
I used my Sidewinder Bobbin Winder to load some bobbins today in an effort to try to get ready to quilt.  (I had 10 minutes to be creative today!) I am just going to have to give it a go.  The thing is, he won't care one bit if I do a good job so I just need to get busy and get to it!

Putting it out there that I have this project that needs to be finished ASAP will hopefully make me accountable!  Let's see if it works!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! Your first quilt! And even a quilted back! I am sure your nephew will love it, now at 3 even more than as a toddler.
    And thank you very much about the lovely post you wrote about me some time ago.

    ReplyDelete