Monday, October 24, 2011

That Dreaded Bias Tape – Conquered!




Honestly, the bias tape was no big deal.  I don’t know why I work so hard to avoid it. My daughter sewed everything but the bias tape.  We ended up having to take the neck in at the front and the back.  Unfortunately, I had already sewn on the bias tape before we realized we needed to make it smaller.  To do this, we made inverted pleats.  Next time we make the pattern (Simplicity 2593 by Cynthia Rowley) we will either gather the fabric more or gather and pleat it before the bias tape goes on.

My daughter and I decided to add the lace at the bottom.*  It adds just the right touch.  I bought the lace at Fabric World for only $5 for an entire bolt.  I officially got my $5 worth.  Using it again will just be gravy!  
 

*While taking these pictures I realized that the lace shrunk after several washes. It still looks nice as it gives a little shape to the shirt, kind of like a band at the bottom, but ideally I should have preshrunk the trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment