Friday, October 28, 2011

Sewing Buddy Inspired Sewing Basket


Whipstitch sewing blog began organizing The Sewing Buddy Project in the summer of 2010.  I just happened upon it and entered in the last hour of the last day!  Buddies were assigned using their favorite number and color.  I was extremely lucky and was matched with a talented quilter, knitter and hand embroiderer from Germany.  Being a translator, her English is very good and we are able to communicate well.  She is a lovely person and answered many tedious questions as I started my nephew’s (and first ever!) quilt.  She helped me with the design and I used one of her quilts as an inspiration.



I always enjoy the emails from my sewing buddy, especially the ones that detail traditions specific to her region of Germany.  So when I saw this German sewing basket (according to the tag) I had to snatch it up!  I immediately sent a picture to my buddy and we renewed our correspondence which had slacked off.  As we are busy mothers, we are both bad about letting our blogs and other communication languish.  Strangely enough, from across the globe, we have both started our blogs again!



If you have an opportunity to participate in the Whipstitch Sewing Buddy Project, I highly recommend it.  You never know where your sewing buddy might be from – around the world or around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment