Monday, October 31, 2011

Bargain or No Bargain?

When you need a Gryffindor Harry Potter tie the day of the party, where do you go?  Goodwill?  Well think again.  The day before Halloween was a madhouse.  Our Goodwill had the emptiest racks I have ever seen!  There were only 6 ties left in the store and none of them were an option.  My daughter and I decided to look for anything we could make into a tie and I came across a bag of “yarn” at Goodwill. 

The yarn looks more like ribbon than yarn and it is made of polyamide and acrylic.  I have to admit I had to Google polyamide and discovered that it is another name for nylon.  There are 6 skeins with 75 yards per skein.  (There were also 2 small skeins of a sparkly silver yarn that will not be included in the Bargain or No Bargain debate and are free to anyone who might like sparkles or has a special someone who does.)


 One of the most important characteristics of this knitting material is that it was made in France.  Just look at the label – Lainiere de Roubaix.  I love just about anything from France!  I bought it solely because the label was in French even though I did not know if I could ever use it.  (I am a beginning knitter but thought it might also be used for ribbon embroidery.)


$5 for six 75 yard skeins of variegated 88% nylon/12% acrylic (acrylique in French) yarn-type thread – what do you think? 

Bargain or No Bargain?

No comments:

Post a Comment