Sunday, January 16, 2011

Don't Toss Those Fabric Samples!

If you are lucky enough to live in a city with a decorator fabric warehouse, then you probably accumulate a collection of samples before you choose your final fabrics.  Don't throw these little treasures away!  Use them to make a pillow to coordinate with the room you are designing.   I used the dollar sized samples I cut while searching for fabric when making both of these pillows. 

Disclaimer - I am a rule follower and my samples are usually quite small and rarely over the requested dollar bill size.  The stems on the first pillow are from left over textured vinyl purchased for purse handles.  The reptile texture looks very bark like in person.  The flower has a mixture of samples and fabrics I had on hand.

Sort and store your samples by color and you will be ready when it is time to create that accent pillow that makes the room.  And it is practically free!!



This pillow should look familiar! 
It is the one I was taking apart when I posted last.  I didn't like the light linen background on the original pillow so I took it apart and added the silk in its place.  I also made the center as small as I could.  It was a total pain and took way longer then I thought, but I like it so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment