Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Crazy Quilting

Does this fabric look familiar?  These are the fabrics from my nephew's quilt.  My friend Tracey came over the other day to teach me how to crazy quilt.  We were going to practice with random scraps when she had the brainstorm to use the leftovers from the quilt.  I have a couple of mistakes that I will not point out but am curious if you notice.  I was able to take this square in the car and actually embroider while riding.  I normally cannot do anything in the car, but this I could do!  Very exciting to have something to take along in the car.



I also took along the book on the right, Complete Guide to Embroidery Stitches.  This book is checked out from the library. (I love the public library!)  I put this book on my Christmas list but was dismayed to find that it is out of print.  The least expensive copy I could find was almost $100.  It immediately came off my list.  But I was able to check it out again to take with me on our trip. 

 I added some embroidery in classic crazy quilt style to the square above.  It was a great way to pass the time.  I will make it into a pillow to send with the quilt - when I finish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment